Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Profile

So, now I guess is the time to introduce myself. I am in my late twenties and have been teaching for 5 years. 3 of those were spent at a low decile rural school in the country (which I absolutely loved). Last year I moved back to the Wellington area and started working at a top decile boys school. Wow, what a massive change that was to get used to. The one conclusion I came to after my first couple of months here; teenagers are teenagers no matter where you go.

This year I am teaching 5 english classes. 2 Year 7 classes, a Year 9, 10 and 11 class. After the stress of last year I asked for my NCEA workload to be decreased because I needed to get a better handle on myself, which is why I have ended up with a mostly junior load, and I love it.

I have spent a lot of time at the start of this year working on my classroom environment, and when I get that completely finished I will post some photos. I have been busy making charts and timelines, book trees and author bookmarks. I forgot how time consuming all the start of the year admin can be. I spent 5hours simply designing and putting together my timeline of famous authors, but if I do not start the project while I am feeling motivated it will never get done.

Keeping my motivation up is a huge thing for me, so I am hoping this new year enthusiasm will last until about September! Lets see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment